Laser Hair Removal
In the past, the energies used in laser hair removal procedures prevented people with certain hair and skin colors from receiving treatments as they could only treat extremely light skin with extremely dark hair. The Cynosure Apogee Elite contains two laser systems – a 755 nm Alexandrite laser and a high powered 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser – these are the most optimal wavelengths for hair removal.
By providing two different wavelengths, the Apogee Elite laser can be used to treat patients with all types of skin. The addition of the YAG laser allows us to treat patients with darker skin types for excessive hair growth, especially of the face, armpits and bikini lines. Patients with pseudofolliculitis (razor bumps) on the beard, face or neck now have this option to consider.
DO YOUR RESEARCH – Why pay almost 3 to 4 times the amount for a series of laser hair removal treatments from a facility that does not show you their pricing and makes you sign a contract when you purchase? National laser hair removal companies try to bait and switch clients with low initial offers and have sales closers who are not licensed estheticians to sign you up for unnecessary treatments. Don’t be tricked into paying exorbitant prices for laser hair treatments and compare our SERIES PRICING. Do not be confused by marketing terms like ‘permanent’ or ‘guaranteed’ as they will require long term commitments with substantial financial burden.
When used for hair removal, the Apogee Elite laser affects only hair follicles which are currently active or growing (anagen), thus subsequent treatments may be required to eliminate the previously exhausted (catagen) or resting (telogen) follicles as they resume production. Hair removal treatments are relatively painless and leave no textural skin changes or the scarring commonly seen with needle electrolysis. The Apogee laser also incorporates the use of the Smart Cool system by Cynosure. This system utilizes a “double cooling” technique which uses the body’s natural cooling process in conjunction with a specifically engineered external cooling system. The Smart Cool system is used with the laser to minimize patient discomfort during treatment. Time is money in today’s world. How much are 58.4 days worth to you? Call Skinlogic Med Spa today to schedule a personalized consultation, and win back some of that wasted time and energy.
5-10 Treatments may be necessary per area.
Frequently asked questions about Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Bikini Treatments
The Bikini Line
The bikini line is very simple & it hurts the least. This treatment is best described as the cleanup of the sides, the hair exposed while wearing a swimsuit.
The Full Bikini
The full bikini starts off like a bikini line but includes the option of shaping the top of the triangle & goes a little deeper into the sides.
Full Bikini Extended
The full bikini extended gives you the option of removing beyond the full bikini lines but does not include the white area (labia).
The brazilian gives the option of removing absolutely everything. All of the hair in front, back & in between is removed, leave a landing strip or bare it all (the ‘triangle’ on top is probably the most sensitive part despite what you might think about the more southern regions).
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- FDA approved for permanent hair removal
- You experience no downtime
- Less pain and discomfort compared to waxing, tweezing and electrolysis
- Large areas can be treated quickly and effectively
- Safely treats all skin types
Pre & Post Treatment Instructions – Laser Hair Removal Seattle
Before Laser Hair RemovalTreatment
- Avoid use of Accutane for 6-9 months prior to laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid waxing, plucking, or depilatories for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Wait at least 2 weeks for laser hair removal treatment if you have had a chemical peel or injections (Restylane, Botox, collagen) in the area to be treated.
- Stop use of exfoliants, such as Renova and Glycolic Acid, on an area to be treated 1 week prior to laser hair removal treatment.
- Shave area before each laser hair removal treatment. Laser hair removal Seattle
- The skin should be clean, with no lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume, or sunscreen before laser hair removal treatment.
After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- You may have slight redness and/or localized swelling for a few minutes up to 48 hours. Apply aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream if needed.
- Do not apply makeup to treated area for at least 3 hours.
- Avoid soaking in tubs, pools, and Jacuzzis for 48 hours.
- Do not irritate treated area chemically or mechanically for 48 hours.
- Do not pluck or wax treated areas in between laser hair removal treatments.
- Some shedding or extrusion of treated hairs will occur around 2-4 weeks following laser hair removal treatment.*
- Avoid sun, direct and indirect heat, and apply sunscreen to treated area for 3 days following laser hair removal treatment. Laser hair removal Seattle
Frequently asked questions about Laser Hair Removal
* All Series are expected to be used within a year of purchase. If series is not used within a year of purchased they are subject to any price increase and must pay the difference on remaining treatments. If you purchase a series and decide not to complete it you will be charged the regular treatment price for treatments received and an additional 10% charge of the series price before refund is allowed.